Monday, May 2, 2011

Comic of the week Captain America (vol 3)#1





With the death of Bin Laden, it's only fitting that this would be comic of the week. For those of you that know me, you know I lived in New York when 9/11 happened ( I was living in Far Rockaway with my girlfriend at the time) and to even begin to put into words what I saw and the terror my family in PA,NJ and OR felt with not knowing if I was alive or dead was more than just a strain on them, luckly I stayed home that day but i was suppose to go into the city that morning to look for another job to support me and my mate besides my regular weekend job and i would have been one of the many people that persihed that day. So to go out later that day and go to the store and to see the whole sky covered in red like it was the end of times was one of the most frighting moments I have ever had . John Cassaday, the artist of this groundbreaking and wonderful story also lived in New York during the attack and it inspired him and write John Ney Rieber to come up with this clasic, the first part of The New Deal storyline. If you have not read this, please , by all means, go out and get the issue or the collected story.

No comments:

Post a Comment